Registered Electrical Contractors can grandfather their licenses to a state certified license again! Get rid of the reciprocity agreements! Make your life much easier!
The conditions are pretty straight-forward:
1. General Requirements for Grandfathering a. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, be of good moral character, meet the requirements, and pay all applicable fees.
2. Applicant must have held an active Registered Electrical, Alarm or Specialty license with the Electrical Contractors’ Licensing Board for at least five (5) years at the time of application or
3. Applicant must hold a Registered Electrical, Alarm or Specialty license with the Electrical Contractors’ Licensing Board and have held an active Electrical Inspector or Building Code Administrator license for at least five (5) years, with oversight in the category being applied for.
3. Applicant must have taken and passed a written proctored examination.
4. Applicants whose license(s) were revoked at any time, suspended within the last five (5) years or were assessed a fine in excess of $500 within the last five (5) years, are NOT eligible to apply for certification through grandfathering. Also, any time a license was on probation shall not count toward the five (5) years of active licensure.
5. A letter of Good Standing signed off by a licensing official from your sponsored County/City must accompany the application.
Call us at 941-706-2336 for more information! You can also order your package in our online store or by clicking this link!