Governor Scott recently signed House Bill 269, which passed during the 2013 legislative session, allowing registered electrical contractors licenses to be grandfathered to a state wide certified contractor’s license beginning July 1, 2013. All applications for grandfathering must be postmarked no later than November 1, 2015 to be considered for grandfathering.
In order to have your registered contractor’s license grandfathered, you must:
- Currently hold a valid state-registered license
- Have, for that category, passed a written, proctored examination that the board finds to be substantially similar to the examination required to be licensed as a certified contractor under this part. For purposes of this subsection, a written, proctored examination such as that produced by the National Assessment Institute, Block and Associates, NAI/Block, Experior Assessments, Professional Testing, Inc., or Assessment Systems, Inc., shall be considered to be substantially similar to the examination required to be licensed as a certified contractor. The board may not impose or make any requirements regarding the nature or content of these cited examinations.
- Have at least 5 years of active state-registered experience as a contractor
- Have not had your contractor’s license revoked at any time, had your contractor’s license suspended within the last 5 years, or been assessed a fine in excess of $500 within the last 5 years.
- Be in compliance with the insurance and financial responsibility requirements in Section 489.515(1)(b), Florida Statutes.
Whether you only need the credit reports or if you would like us to handle your application, we can help!
We can help you with the paperwork to grandfather your registered electrical license! Give us a call at 941-706-2336 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.