This book set contains all the books used for the 2023 Florida Building Contractor Exam WITH the Business and Finance that overlap the trade exam book list. This package includes the books that are used in the development of the examination, but not allowed in the testing center. If you do not want to purchase the entire package, you can order each book individually. We have provided the official book lists linked below.
The same books are used for the Florida Certified Residential Contractor and Florida Certified General Contractor, so if you are looking for the Residential or General Contractor book set, they are all three the same.
Below are the links to the official list of reference materials that can be found at www.myfloridalicense.com, direct link: http://www.myfloridalicense.com/DBPR/examination-information/construction-examinations-reference-lists/#1512763100295-effd14bd-22a6
The Book Set Includes:
- A201 General Conditions of the Contract for Construction, 2017.
- A401 Standard Form of Agreement between Contractor-Subcontractor, 2017.
- A701 Instructions to Bidders, 2018
- Code of Federal Regulations, (OSHA) 29 Part 1926
- Contractors Manual, 2021. (Includes the 2016 Circular E)
- Principles and Practices of Commercial Construction, 10th Edition, 2019.
- Energy Efficient Building Construction in Florida, 2020
- Building Component Safety Information: BCSI-ED2-D “Guide to Good Practices for
Handling, Installing and Bracing of Metal Connected Wood Trusses”, 2020
- Florida Building Code – Building, 2020
- Florida Building Code – Accessibility, 2020
- Florida Building Code – Residential, 2020
- Florida Building Code – Existing Building, 2020
- Florida Building Code – Energy Conservation, 2020
The following references are suggested study for the examination only and
MAY NOT be brought into the testing room or facility for the examination.
- Builder’s Guide to Accounting, 2001
- Building Estimator’s Reference Book, 32nd Edition, 2021
- Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures, 17th Edition, 2021
- Placing Reinforcing Bars, 10th Edition, 2019.
- Application and Finishing of Gypsum Panel Products, GA-216, 2018 Edition